- Green Front Café – When you see the deep green exterior of the aptly-named Green Front Café, just know you are about to step back in time and enjoy a delicious Southern meal. This café sits in the heart of the Stockbridge Heritage District, opened in the late 1940’s by Carrie Mae Hambrick. For more than 60 years, some of the best soul food was served in this building. When it was time for Mother Mae to retire, Diane D. Miller and her family bought the café, put years of hard work into it, and now continue to carry on her traditions. They have even added a taste of Jamaica to the traditional soul food dishes!
- Elf’s Cakery – In 2011, Prayre Finley and her mother Elmirena opened Elf’s Cakery together in Stockbridge, Georgia. Elmirena has been baking and designing custom cakes for more than 20 years, and is the woman behind the business’s name. ELF is Elmirena’s initials, and now she’s known by many as Ms. Elf.You can find Ms. Elf baking the delicious treats that fill the store, while Prayre runs the business as the CEO. No matter the occasion – weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, baby showers, corporate events, etc – Elf Cakery can bake you something that “tastes as good as it looks!”
- Drip-Thru Coffee – Drip-Thru Coffee in Stockbridge, Georgia started in 2016. It began from a love of coffee and inspiration from the coffee stands of the northwest. That’s when founder and owner Christy Deen decided it was time to bring quick but high-quality coffee to the Atlanta area. Christy has worked for more than 20 years in the food and beverage industry, managing restaurants from Disney World to the Atlanta Airport before she opened Drip-Thru. For years, Drip-Thru Coffee has been providing quality service to the commuters of the Atlanta area. Customer service is their highest priority and the lifeblood of their business, according to their website.
- Frozen Smoke – Frozen Smoke is new restaurant conveniently located in the heart of city of Stockbridge. Their delicious smoked menu items, frozen drinks, and desserts will blow you away!
The mission of owners Warren and Alicia Washington is to create an atmosphere where the citizens of Stockbridge, visitors, and downtown workers can enjoy a night out in a mature environment in the community they live, visit, and work in. So no matter who you are, they would love to have you come by and enjoy their one-of-a-kind menu! They even have regular events, making the restaurant’s atmosphere even more fun! Upcoming events include Karaoke on Tuesdays, Live Jazz for Wind Down Wednesdays (every other Wednesday), and Business Speed Dating (every third Friday of each month).
- Italian Oven – Fresh-baked garlic bread and olive oil dipping sauce – say less! The Italian Oven is a true Italian-style treasure right here in Stockbridge. Come for the unlimited bread, but stay for the more than 20 pasta dishes, fresh seafood, salads, brick oven pizzas, calzones and strombolis.
Not to mention their delectable desserts and expansive gluten-free menu, something you don’t find at many other Italian restaurants. View their menu online, but beware – your mouth may water.
- Tasty Tuesdays – Who doesn’t love a good food truck? With the variety of options, a food truck park is every foodie’s dream. On Tuesdays in Henry County from May until August, that dream becomes a reality. The Tasty Tuesdays series takes place 5:30-9 p.m. at Clark Community Park. After you’ve enjoyed a meal or even picked foods from multiple trucks, leave room for dessert! There’s always a mix of sweet and savory during Tasty Tuesdays. In addition, the local radio station will be blasting tunes, so get up and dance to work off your meal.
Attractions & Lodging
- Stockbridge Amphitheatre (The Bridge) – There’s nothing better than live music. The best place in Henry County to watch live music is The Stockbridge Amphitheater. This venue, also known as The Bridge, brings in some of the hottest performing artists from all genres right to Stockbridge. The amphitheater boasts over 3,600 seats in a comfortable outdoor environment, with two concession buildings and VIP rooftop seating. Huge names from every genre make an appearance throughout the year. Browse their current lineup on their website and get your tickets before they sell out!
- Rum Creek Golf – Avid golfers will love Rum Creek Golf at Eagle’s Landing. This spacious course features a driving range and a 9-hole Par 3 executive golf course. The top-of-the-line driving range offers grass tees, artificial turf hitting stations, and a 12-acre landing area with plenty of target greens. Rum Creek isn’t just for regular golf. This beautiful facility also offers a nine-hole footgolf course. For those interested in learning the sport, there are junior golf camps available during the summer months. You can also book fundraising events and group outings at the facility!
- Panola Mountain State Park – Just half an hour from Downtown Atlanta sits Panola Mountain State Park in Stockbridge, GA. This pristine 1,635-acre park offers archery, and tree-climbing programs, as well as trails for biking, rollerblading, hiking, running and more. Panola Mountain is a 100-acre granite outcrop in the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area. The mountain is home to a rare and fascinating ecosystem. Open year-round, this state park – designated as a National Natural Landmark – offers family-friendly activities in a serene setting. When you arrive at the park, start your visit at the conservation area and visit the nature center, gift shop, picnic shelters and playground. Partake in some of the many activities offered for all ages, including birding, geocaching, orienteering, and much more!
- Reeves Creek Trail – Memorial Park in Stockbridge is home to the 3-mile, paved Reeves Creek Trail. Visitors to the park can enjoy biking, jogging or even walking a pet along the trail. If you enter the park from the Flippen Road entrance, you will be met by exercise equipment and a Little Free Library.
- Yule Forest – No matter the season, Yule Forest has family-friendly attractions to fit everyone’s taste. Yule Forest is a Henry County staple that has been a part of our community since 1983, providing locals and visitors with the spring Tulip Festival, the fall Pumpkin Patch, and the winter Christmas Tree Farm. The annual Pumpkin Patch is one of Georgia’s top rated annual fall events for over 30 years. There are countless activities for all ages, including cut-your-own pumpkins, a corn maze, farm animals, and so much more. During Spring, Come discover this amazing spectacle of 50,000 beautiful tulips, over 100,000 other flowers and aromatic plants, an artisan market, local food vendors, hayrides, and much more. Yule Forest brings fun to the holiday season with the farm’s cut-your-own Christmas tree option. This allows visitors to bring the whole family on a trip through Yule Forest to select the perfect tree for their home!
- Media Mania – Music lovers and gamers alike, this Stockbridge store is paradise waiting for you! No matter how you like to listen or what you like to listen to, Media Mania has it all. Eight track tapes, vinyls, CDs, cassettes are abound in this huge shop. All ranging from classic rock to country to jazz and everything in between. For those who enjoy comic books and movies, it’s probably best to set aside an afternoon to sift through their expansive inventory. Gamers will rejoice at the collection of video games and classic gaming system.
- Stockbridge Lakes Bed & Breakfast – If you’re looking for something different than the usual hotel chain, Stockbridge Lakes Bed & Breakfast is here to surpass your expectations. Come unwind, meet new friends, and make new memories, all at Henry County’s only B&B!A stay at Stockbridge Lakes Bed & Breakfast is a serene experience, including all the amenities of a hotel with more privacy and personalized service. You won’t find an afternoon Golden Hour – with fine cheeses, snacks, and refreshing beverage – anywhere else. Discover mini-refrigerators, coffee stations, irons and ironing boards in every room. And for each guest, an on-site recreation room is available, as well as 24 hours snacks and beverages. Don’t miss out on the nearby fishing and local attractions, all of which you can partake in after a freshly prepared home-grown southern style breakfast by your own private chef. As if that wasn’t enough, Stockbridge Lakes offers on-site massages by appointment and the opportunity to have dinner by the lake. You’ll feel like royalty when you stay here.