Must See Attractions
- Heritage Park Veterans Museum – Visit the place where soldiers’ stories come to life. The Heritage Park Veterans Museum in McDonough, Georgia, has been educating visitors for over a decade by displaying artifacts and information from various conflicts dating as far back as World War I. When you visit this unique museum, you will gain a better understanding of all the uniforms, equipment and supplies on display with a guided tour. Tours are free of charge for everyone to ensure all visitors can take advantage of this experience!
To learn more about the museum’s collection, tours and other military history sites in Henry County, contact the Henry County Convention & Visitors Bureau today.
- Southern Belle Farm – No matter the season, life is sweet at Southern Belle Farm. This family-run, 330-acre agritourism farm is open seasonally, offering plenty of family-friendly activities and U-pick strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and peaches throughout the spring and summer months. Traditional strawberry season takes place between April and June, but may vary due to growing conditions. In spring, you can get up-close with horses, cows, goats, chicks and ducks at Belle’s Barn.
Complete with two acres of pumpkins, four acres of corn maze and more than 20 outdoor attractions, the fall season at Southern Belle Farm contains plenty of fun activities for the whole family. During late November through mid-December, browse a selection of pre-cut Fraser Fir Christmas trees, as well as fresh greenery, handmade wreaths, holiday decorations and more. On the weekends, bring the kids for a visit with Santa Claus, then take a festive hayride, sip on hot apple cider, indulge in some homemade cookies and listen to Christmas carols.
Hours are dependent on the season and availability, so be sure to call Southern Belle Farm at 700-288-2582 for hours!
Adventure Parks/Family Entertainment Centers
- Urban Air Adventure Park – Urban Air isn’t your average trampoline park. This family entertainment venue has climbing walls, dodgeball, DropZone, laser tag arena, trampolines, ropes course, virtual reality, and much more. Take your kids’ birthday party to the next level or spend a day of fun with the family and you’ll see why they have been voted BEST park by multiple magazines!
And they’re not just for kids – consider booking your next corporate event at Urban Air. What’s a better way to team build than to face challenges that require problem-solving, managing change, and being pushed beyond your comfort zone?
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park – Take adventure to the next level. This popular trampoline park features a huge foam pit, a warrior course, ultimate dodgeball, a skyladder and skyslam, freestyle jump trampolines, a VR zone, and more. Get in a great workout and have healthy fun at the original indoor trampoline park.
Sky Zone has been voted the number one “out-of-the-box” workout and the “best party ever.” Come see why for yourself when you experience the weightlessness of bouncing, flipping, and landing in a pit filled with 10,000 foam cubes! Plan your next party or check out their events calendar for some high-flying fun right here in Henry County.
- Starlite Family Fun Center – What can’t you do at Starlite Family Fun Center? The list is pretty short. Come check out a one-of-a-kind family atmosphere where you can roller skate; play laser tag; jump, slide and swing in their soft playground; or win tickets for prizes in the huge arcade.
I hope your appetite is ready, because Starlite Family Fun Center offers a full concession serving pizza, burgers, chicken and lots more! Book a party, sign your kiddo up for a fun summer camp, or check out their events calendar for fun activities the whole family can enjoy.
- Avalon Park – Just a hop, skip and jump away from charming Downtown McDonough is the spacious and family-friendly Avalon Park. If you’re searching for a free attraction while visiting Henry County, this is the spot for you. Even if you’re just passing through while traveling to nearby Atlanta, this park is worth a stop.
With 20 acres equipped with two playground areas, four lighted football fields, a roller hockey rink, and more, you’ve got enough to do for the whole day! Open seven days a week, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., Avalon Park offers exciting activities for kids and adults alike, less than three miles off I-75.
- Village Park at North Henry – Whether you’re staying in Henry County on a family vacation or taking a day trip from Atlanta, the 34- acre Village Park at North Henry provides plenty of opportunities for exercise. It’s also an ideal spot to lay down a blanket and have a picnic with your family. A new playground and outdoor fitness circuit let kids and adults work in some exercise before cooling off in the interactive splash pad.
The park is also home to two multipurpose sports fields, a community building, a 1.1-mile paved walking/jogging track and an event lawn! As if that wasn’t enough, the Village Park at North Henry features three large pavilions that are perfect for family reunions and family gatherings both big and small. Not to mention, the entire park is handicap accessible.
Just about 30 minutes south of Downtown Atlanta and within 15 minutes of downtown Stockbridge, this awesome park is waiting for you!
- Peachtree Peddlers Antique Mall & Flea Market – A trip to Henry County is incomplete without a visit to the largest indoor flea market in the heart of Georgia! Peachtree Peddlers is 85,000 square feet of unique finds and one-of-a-kind bargains. With an interesting mix of handmade crafts and hidden treasures, you will find many inexpensive items.
Open six days a week, the location operates as an indoor antique mall through the week, with the addition of an outdoor flea market during the weekends. Don’t miss their special events like holiday celebrations and free music that are offered every month. Also, when lunchtime comes around, head over to the food court and take your pick from several delicious options.
- Inside Tag Boutique – No matter your age or size, you’re sure to find the perfect outfit at Inside Tag Boutique that will make you feel confident and beautiful! Whether you are searching for an outfit for a night out or you’re in need of formal attire, you will find the appropriate ensembles and accessories for any occasion. This locally-owned boutique offers apparel ranging from edgy to classic, made with care and priced affordably!
- Lizard Thicket – Did you know that the biggest Lizard Thicket Boutique to date is located right here in Henry County? Franchise Owner Samantha Herwig and her girls are waiting for you in Henry Town Center, ready to help you find the perfect outfit for your next event or just everyday life. See the latest new arrivals, find out about in-store events, and more on their website and social media pages!
- Buff City Soap – Who doesn’t like to smell good? Buff City Soap carries handmade soaps with awesome scents and other great products to help you to continue to stay clean. Not to mention they are all plant-based with no harsh chemicals and only simple ingredients.
Stop in to buy some soap and check out their collection of air fresheners, wax melts, laundry soap, dryer balls, lip balm, body oils, and so much more. You can even make memories with your friends, family, or co-workers by booking a party with Buff City Soap. Create your own custom Mini Bath Bombs with a bit of handmade sparkle and scents just for you!
- Chic & Shabby – At Chic & Shabby, you and your home are at the center of everything they do. Find the most stylish and affordable home decor and furniture perfect for your space. Chic & Shabby offers hand-selected decor, quality furnishings, unique gifts, and an array of accessories. Whether you shop with them in store or online, you’re sure to feel a true sense of southern hospitality.
Whether you’re looking to completely redecorate your home, change a few pieces in a room, or simply buy a Christmas gift for a homegoods lover in your life, Chic & Shabby is here for you. Check out their collections online and start shopping!
- Knights Market – The folks at Knights Market are a jack of all trades. They have a little bit of everything – now in two locations! At their core, Knights Market is a family-owned and operated plant nursery and produce market. In store they offer specialty gifts and decor, and they even have a full catering service.
So stop on by for some fresh local produce for your kitchen; beautiful flowers, trees, or shrubbery for your landscaping; or schedule them to cater your next big event. Knights Market Downtown is even offering venue rental including kitchen, spacious outdoor seating, outdoor lighting, and more. You’ll always find something surprising at Knights Market!
- 15th Street Pizza & Pub – For nearly 20 years, 15th Street Pizza & Pub has been satisfying hungry customers with their award-winning pizzas, local beer selection, and family-friendly atmosphere. In fact, it is actually the oldest continuously-running pizza restaurant in all of Henry County, originally named Bel Castro’s Italian Restaurant and later 14th Street Pizza. It later became 15th Street Pizza and the newest owners added “and Pub” to the name to realize a longtime dream – showcasing craft beer and other beverages alongside phenomenal pizza!
With a menu featuring everything from classic pizzas, wings and calzones to burgers, salads, subs, and pasta, it’s easy to please the whole family. The establishment is committed to using only the finest local ingredients, which are brought in directly from the Atlanta Farmers Market.
In addition, 15th Street Pizza and Pub has perfected the art of pairing any meal with some of the best beers and wines the South has to offer. They offer an impressive lineup of 25 beers on tap, sourcing as many local Georgian beers as possible. The same goes for wine, with as many as 70 different bottles available at any given time. Experience this local gem for a fun afternoon of cornhole on the patio or to watch the big game on one of their nine TVs.
- PÜR Zen Wine Mimosa Bar – Explore PÜR Zen Mimosa Wine Bar to experience wine or bottomless mimosas with meat & cheese boards. Order from A La Carte options, stone oven flatbreads, desserts, and more at this premier wine bar located in the heart of McDonough.
This local gem is the realization of owners Liz and Nancy’s long-held dream, brought to life in March 2022. The welcoming atmosphere invites visitors to unwind, whether they’re seeking a leisurely afternoon drink, engaging conversation, or a mouthwatering meat and cheese board to share among friends. Open six days a week with regular weeknight events and brunch on weekends, there is always something to enjoy at PÜR Zen.
- Just Dogs – Ironically, Just Dogs is more than just hot dogs as its name may suggest. An acronym for Juicy Unique Select Taste, Just Dogs prepares and serves gourmet hot dogs that will make your taste buds dance. Tell them how you like your hot dog and Just Dogs will make it happen for you! Come discover these mouthwatering, award-winning hot dogs for yourself.
- Sweet Auburn BBQ – A nod to sibling owners Howard and Anita Hsu’s Asian roots and Southern upbringing, Sweet Auburn Barbecue offers traditional style barbecue with an Asian twist. Enjoy delicious dishes such as brisket, pulled pork, baby back ribs, sandwiches. But don’t shy away from the pimento cheese wontons, brisket egg rolls and coconut lemongrass ribs.
Come enjoy the cozy atmosphere, unique and mouth watering food, and local artists performing every Friday night on the patio. You will want to make this your weekly hangout spot!
- Masala Cottage – Masala Cottage in McDonough offers delectable entrees of traditional Indian culture. The talented cooks use rich spices and aromatic herbs to transform vegetables, lentils, and rice into tasty meals that are as fulfilling as they are filling.
Experience this delicious food that makes you feel warm and satisfied with every bite! But don’t keep that to yourself – wow your guests at your next big event by having Masala Cottage cater.
- Pilgreen’s Steakhouse – Pilgreen’s rich traditions began all the way back in 1932 with the founding the first restaurant on the corner of Fifth and Spring Streets. A butcher by trade, Ira Pilgreen later developed a special steak seasoning which they still use today. In keeping with family traditions, their second location, Pilgreen’s South, opened in 1983.
After 80 years of operation by three generations, Pilgreen’s is one of the oldest full service restaurants in the Atlanta area operated by the original founding family. In addition to excellent steaks and seafood, Pilgreen’s offers a full service bar with top shelf drinks and karaoke in their lounge every Friday starting at 8 p.m.
- A Cup of Comfort Bistro – A Cup of Comfort Breakfast Bistro serves southern comfort foods with a twist in a great family friendly environment. Chef Vic and his team of cooks add innovative twists to familiar favorites creating something for everyone. They combine top-quality ingredients in a relaxing, spacious atmosphere filled with cozy aromas to create a haven for people who enjoy good times and great food!
Open 7 days a week, there is plenty of time to come in and try something new. In addition to their delicious breakfast menu, A Cup of Comfort Bistro also offers exceptional catering services and event space rental options for any occasion with a wide range of customizable menu options.
- Phở Town – At Phở Town, they work hard to stay true to the authentic way that Vietnamese food is prepared. From the classic phở to vermicelli bowls and crispy rolls, you will find your favorite Vietnamese dishes here.
The dining room is elegantly designed to bring a cozy and relaxing atmosphere that suits your every occasion. They also offer Vietnamese coffee, milk tea, and smoothies in a variety of flavors. Let your taste buds come to life at Phở Town!