Because of the COVID–19 pandemic, travelers are increasing their reliance on Convention & Visitors Bureaus for information regarding the health and safety practices of hotels, restaurants and attractions. In order to fulfill that need for information, Visit Henry County, GA would like to create a mechanism for tourism businesses to reassure travelers of their commitment to cleanliness and safety.
- Provide Henry County tourism partners with fact-based information to support their businesses and encourage visitors.
- Establish a health and cleanliness distinction for tourism partners that would allow them to declare their commitment to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and State of Georgia standards and as well as internal processes.
- Assure the local community of partners’ commitment to keeping travelers, staff and residents safe.
Process for Participating:
- Partner businesses will need to simply pledge to follow basic criteria set forth by the CDC by completing the form below.
- Businesses will then have an opportunity to check off the ways they are going the “extra mile” in operating a clean and safe business. These standards have been gathered from several organizations and associations, in response to COVID-19, that have gone above and beyond what has been set forth by the CDC.
- Once the form is submitted and reviewed, the compliant business will receive a certificate of program participation from Visit Henry County, GA and will be added to Visit Henry County, GA’s website as a “Henry Cleanliness Compliant” business.
- This process allows for tourism partners to be involved in the program and give the traveler the option to determine where they feel most comfortable.
Oversight of Program:
- Businesses who participate, will be listed on the Henry Cleanliness Compliant Businesses page.
- For additional resources, please visit Together4Henry.com.
- Partner businesses will need to re-submit the Cleanliness Compliant Partner Pledge every six months to remain in the program. This program will remain active for as long as the need exists.