Follow Emily & her family’s adventures on Instagram at @oh.emmylou
- What inspires you to create?
Positive energy! I make sure to seize the day whenever things are going right.
- What Instagram accounts do you recommend? Some of my favorite accounts are focused around motherhood. These accounts are good reminders that motherhood is messy, beautiful, fun, and sometimes overwhelming. We’re all in this together.
- What are your current obsessions at the moment?
My new adventure @little.seeds.co. I’ve started a company that creates Biblically Curated Sensory Kits to help parents teach scripture through play.
- What music are you listening to these days?
“Alexa, play Hillsong Worship” or whatever Disney movie is playing in the car. We’ve been listening to Frozen since September.
- Whose behind the lens of photos you’re in with your girls?
My wonderful Insta-hubby! He’s such a good sport when it comes to my photo obsession. Mainly because looking through our family photo albums brings him so much joy. He’s glad that I take the time to document it all. The days may be long, but the years are flying by!
- When you were around you girl’s ages, what did you dream of being?
A mama and a teacher. I’d say I met my goal for sure. However, I’m starting a new adventure and I couldn’t be more excited.
- Any advice for first time moms out there?
Lean on the Lord. You’ve been blessed with a beautiful baby and the Lord will give you all the strength and guidance you need. You are not or will never be a perfect mother, but you are the perfect mother for your little one.
- Do you have a method for balancing work, family, and a busy schedule in general while still remaining sane?
I ask for help. I’m blessed to have a great support system and I realize it’s ok to ask for help or take a minute for myself. If I’m not emotionally and physically well, it not only affects me but my family. Give yourself grace.
- Do you have a favorite spot you frequent in Henry County?
Outdoor activities are our favorite! We love Yule Forest and Southern Belle Farm, not to mention our local parks.
- What do you think you will walk away with after this experience as a brand ambassador for Visit Henry County, Georgia?
A thankful heart. This experience has given us a reason to get out of the house and do more. Sometimes it’s easier to just stay home, but we’ve enjoyed the family time and memories we’ve made. We’re always so glad we went on an ‘adventure’ it’s never overwhelming because we’re exploring in our own backyard.