Customer service is often seen as a welcoming smile when a customer enters your store, menu recommendations to a regular who you know comes in only for the Tuesday special every week or a quick walk with your guest to the door to help them carry their bags. However, customer service extends beyond the hospitality that is considered part of the job.
Visit Henry County, GA has created two innovative programs where the hospitality sector can explore the subtle ways that visitors experience a community.
Guest Experience 101
Guest Experience 101, led by Christy Deen, Owner of Drip-Thru Coffee, will discuss extra mile steps taken for the guest, the visual, verbal, and vocal cues that will enhance a visitor experience and conflict resolution tips to help navigate the unpleasant but inevitable parts of hospitality work.
This interactive class is 30 minutes in length, with a combination of instruction and activities, and can be taken online and in-person. To receive a certificate of completion, each attendee must pass a short content quiz. Those individuals completing the class will also receive a ten-dollar gift card to a local restaurant.
Hospitality for All
Hospitality for All, led by a variety of business leaders and subject matter experts in diversity, equity and inclusion will explore the ideas of what it means to serve a community filled with different experiences and perspectives. Hospitality for All asks the difficult questions around, “How does my bias impact my ability to provide good service? How can I recognize this mindset? How can I take steps to adjust my thinking and move forward with tangible steps to inspire change in myself and others?”
This thought-provoking series of online educational classes will be reserved for the first 30 participants registered. Over the course of six weeks, five online classes will be made available. Certificates of completion will be given at an in-person graduation at the conclusion of the course.
Speakers and topics include:
- Dr. Ansley A. Booker, CEO of Ansley Booker Educational Services, LLC. – “The Impact of Culture on Consumerism, Capitalism and Customer Service”
- Gabrielle Claiborne & Linda Herzer, Co-Founders of Transformation Journeys Worldwide – “Providing Integrated Work Places & Services for LGBTQ+ People”
- Grace Lee, Directory of Diversity, Eagles Landing Christian Academy – “Working Together to Foster a Culture of Inclusion and Acceptance (CIA)”
- Josh Loebner, PhD. Candidate, Director of Strategy, Designsensory – “Accessible Tourism”
- Maria Peck, President of She Lends & Chief Operating Officer for Mark of the Potter – “Understanding LatinX”
Please join us in inspiring an entire movement of hospitality where each guest feels welcomed, safe and cared for in a way that can only be uniquely explored in Henry County.